Our Vision and Aims
Our mission - why the trust was set up:
Odyssey Collaborative Trust was formed to provide opportunities for collaboration, support and challenge for the schools of Derby, while allowing each school to retain its identity and accountability to its local community.
Our vision – what we aim to have achieved by 2023:
- There will be excellent standards of education for the pupils of Derby (as demonstrated by OFSTED inspections or validated self-evaluation, parent and pupil feedback)
- Children have received a well-rounded education (as demonstrated by the views of pupils and parents, OFSTED inspections and external reviews of the trust’s work)
- We will be delivering learning opportunities for pupils and staff which couldn’t be achieved in a standalone school (as demonstrated by the views of pupils, parents and staff)
- The trust will be rooted in our local community with schools and their communities having a strong voice in the running of the trust (as demonstrated by our governance structure, the views of parents and governors and audit of civic connections)
Our strategy – how we will reach our vision:
- Securing value for money through joint procurement and benchmarked central costs.